In accordance with Oregon state mandates being lifted, beginning March 12, 2022, the Hult Center for the Performing Arts and Eugene Symphony will no longer require mandatory face masks or proof of vaccination or negative COVID tests for patrons.
The health and safety of Eugene Symphony audience members, musicians, and staff members has been and will always be our top priority. We strongly welcome and encourage patrons who wish to continue wearing masks while attending performances to do so. We want all of our attendees to feel comfortable and accepted in your choice. You take care of you, we'll take care of the music and ensuring that your experience attending a Eugene Symphony concert remains exceptional.
We also want to share that, due to the nature of our orchestra members’ work, which calls for extended hours of rehearsal in close proximity to each other in the days leading up to the performance, the musicians will continue to be masked as they have been throughout the 2021/22 season. We anticipate that we will revisit this issue prior to each performance week, and will keep you informed of any changes as they happen.
For the most up to date health and safety protocols visit the Hult Center website — or feel free to call the Hult Center Ticket Office at 541-682-5000 Tuesday to Friday from 12:00 to 5:00 pm.
If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you please stay home. You can switch to a virtual ticket if offered for that concert, turn your ticket into a tax-deductible donation to the Symphony, transfer your ticket to a different Symphony concert, or pass the ticket along to a friend! Contact the Hult Center Ticket Office for assistance with any of these options.
If you need help assessing your symptoms, you can access a free CDC Coronavirus Self-Checker below.
Air Handling System
Silva Concert Hall and Soreng Theater completely exchange air 2.5 times an hour. The Silva Concert Hall exchanges more than 1.5 million cubic feet of air in just over 20 minutes.
The Hult Center’s HVAC System is:
- High Capacity exchange utilizing 100% fresh air directly from the outside.
- A plenum based system, which is excellent for mitigating airborne transmission of viruses. The fresh air enters from the top of the room and moves out through the floor where it exits to the outside.
- Filtered, prior to heating or cooling, fresh air is drawn through filters which are checked and changed regularly by trained HVAC technicians.
- The frequency of cleaning, and disinfection has been increased in all areas, especially all high traffic areas and touch points.
- Electrostatic cleaning equipment has been deployed to ensure an exceptional standard of disinfection. Non-toxic cleaners kill SARS Co-V2 within one minute of contact.
Show Night Procedures
Should you require assistance while attending an event, please ask to speak to a Hult Center staff member so that we can address your question or concern immediately.
- Face coverings In accordance with the CDC and Oregon Health Authority recommendations, masks are currently encouraged, but not required for all in City of Eugene public buildings.
- Symptom Self-Screening: If you find you’re unwell, please don’t come to the theater.
- If you need help assessing your symptoms, you can access a free CDC Coronavirus Self-Checker
- For everyone’s safety, no one exhibiting visible symptoms of Coronavirus will be admitted to the center.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the venue for your convenience.
- Please observe and follow signage as well as any instructions from on-site personnel while moving throughout our buildings.
- Cough drops, kleenex and hand sanitizer are available on request.
Please check your emails for pre-show information including details on all precautions being taken during the check-in process.