COVID-19 REOPENING PLANS & PROCEDURES
The Eugene Symphony is committed to adhering to all local, state and industry safety guidelines. Protocols and precautions established now may change before we enter the hall in September. We will keep patrons informed via email communications and on our website as the concerts near. Please be sure to read current guidelines before arriving. We are grateful for your patience and understanding.
A message from the Hult Center for the Performing Arts & Eugene Symphony Association —
The Eugene Symphony Association and Hult Center for the Performing Arts look forward to welcoming you back to the concert hall for shared experiences that inspire, enrich, and unite us as a community.
As you prepare for your return, we want you to know that the health and safety of our patrons, artists, and staff members has been and will always be our top priority. Thank you for putting your trust in us.
-Theresa J. Sizemore, General Manager of the Hult Center for the Performing Arts, and Scott Freck, Executive Director of Eugene Symphony Association
If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you please stay home. You can switch to a virtual ticket if offered for that concert, turn your ticket into a tax-deductible donation to the Symphony, transfer your ticket to a different Symphony concert, or pass the ticket along to a friend! Contact the Hult Center Ticket Office for assistance with any of these options.
If you need help assessing your symptoms, you can access a free CDC Coronavirus Self-Checker below.
Virtual Concert Access
Virtual access to some concerts will be offered in the 2021/22 Season. More information will be announced soon.
Limited tickets will be available for purchase for dress rehearsals to select concerts in the 2021/22 Season with socially-distanced seating. More details about how to purchase these tickets will be announced soon.
Protocols in place at the Hult Center as of August 19, 2021*:
*Subject to change.
For the most up-to-date information, please visit the Hult Center's website, HERE.
Vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test REQUIRED
Proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test, taken within 48 hours of the performance, will be required for all ages to enter the Hult Center, beginning September 1, 2021 and continuing until further notice. This includes all patrons, performers, staff, and volunteers. More information can be found on the Hult Center's website, HERE.
- The frequency of cleaning, and disinfection has been increased in all areas, especially all high traffic areas and touch points.
- Electrostatic cleaning equipment has been deployed to ensure an exceptional standard of disinfection. Non-toxic cleaners kill SARS Co-V2 within one minute of contact.
Air Handling System
Silva Concert Hall and Soreng Theater completely exchange air 2.5 times an hour. The Silva Concert Hall exchanges more than 1.5 million cubic feet of air in just over 20 minutes.
The Hult Center’s HVAC System is:
- High Capacity exchange utilizing 100% fresh air directly from the outside.
- A plenum based system, which is excellent for mitigating airborne transmission of viruses. The fresh air enters from the top of the room and moves out through the floor where it exits to the outside.
- Filtered, prior to heating or cooling, fresh air is drawn through filters which are checked and changed regularly by trained HVAC technicians.
Show Night Procedures
Should you require assistance while attending an event, please ask to speak to a Hult Center staff member so that we can address your question or concern immediately.
- Face coverings In accordance with the CDC and Oregon Health Authority recommendations, masks are currently required for all in City of Eugene public buildings.
- Symptom Self-Screening: If you find you’re unwell, please don’t come to the theater.
- If you need help assessing your symptoms, you can access a free CDC Coronavirus Self-Checker
- For everyone’s safety, no one exhibiting visible symptoms of Coronavirus will be admitted to the center.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the venue for your convenience.
- Please observe and follow signage as well as any instructions from on-site personnel while moving throughout our buildings.
- Cough drops, kleenex and hand sanitizer are available on request.
Please check your emails for pre-show information including details on all precautions being taken during the check-in process.