Thu May 19 | 7:30 PM
C3: Community / Bolero
Experience Ravel’s Bolero like never before, paired with a music video featuring Eugene Symphony musicians playing in iconic locations around Eugene.TICKETS
May 19, 2022 7:30 PM
C3: Community / Bolero
R. Strauss: Don Quixote
Elgar: "Enigma" Variations
To continue our C3 exploration of how music inspires creativity, connection, and community, we hear two depictions of true friendship — first, in Richard Strauss’s setting of Cervantes’ epic tale of an errant knight and his trusty sidekick, and then in Edward Elgar’s inspiring series of musical portraits honoring his family and friends. Then, we end with one of music’s most enduring and beguiling melodies, Maurice Ravel’s Bolero, complete with a video of our own Eugene Symphony musicians playing their instruments all across our beloved hometown.
Program subject to change.
Arrive early for these Concert Night Activities!
- 6:00 - 7:30 pm:
- Conduct Us Stations — Concertgoers of all ages are invited to pick up the baton and learn how to conduct! No musical experience necessary
- Photobooth — Capture lasting memories with your friends and family at our on-side Photobooth!
- Postcard Stations — Reflect on a musical experience you've shared with someone special, and send a message to a loved one. We'll have postcards available, and we'll even mail it for you!
- 6:30 - 7:00 pm: Attend the Eugene Symphony Guild Pre-Concert Talk with Music Director & Conductor Francesco Lecce-Chong and cellist Joshua Roman.
- Post Concert: Experience the Post-Concert Talk on stage immediately following the concert with Music Director & Conductor Francesco Lecce-Chong, cellist Joshua Roman, and Principal Percussionist Tim Cogswell, moderated by Eugene Symphony Executive Director Scott Freck.
The health and safety of Eugene Symphony audience members, musicians, and staff members has been and will always be our top priority. We strongly welcome and encourage patrons who wish to continue wearing masks while attending performances to do so. We want all of our attendees to feel comfortable and accepted in your choice. You take care of you, we'll take care of the music and ensuring that your experience attending a Eugene Symphony concert remains exceptional.
For the most up to date health and safety protocols for Hult Center performances, visit the Hult Center website — or feel free to call the Hult Center Ticket Office at 541-682-5000 Tuesday to Friday from 12:00 to 5:00 pm.
LOCATION: Hult Center for the Performing Arts